I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Friday 8 September 2017

Engaging student using digital tools.

I have a student in my class who has very different needs to the rest of my class. For the purpose of this blog, I will call him 'Manaki'.  Manaki is currently well below the standard and does not like to engage in reading and writing. It is very tedious to make him complete his tasks in class as he demands one on one attention all the time.
This term at a Manaiakalani Hui one of the MIT teachers showed how he used voice typing for his reluctant writers. I will take this idea and see how Manaki responds to it.

So what does Manaki like to do?

Manaki likes to
  • Watch videos about dinosaurs, aeroplanes and whales.
  • To talk about the topics of his interest.
  • build things with lego.
What will I do to this term to engage him.
  • Use voice typing to help him write his stories.
  • Share videos about his interests with him.
  • Let him build things with lego.

No comments:

Post a Comment