I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Monday 8 February 2016









This year I have an MTDA in my class which means that both Ashley and myself are teaching in the same class. I wanted Ashley to be seen as a teacher and not as a student as this was reiterated a number to times by Anne Sinclair and Dorothy Burt. It has worked very well as I can see Ashley more relaxed and confident each day as she is interacting with the students. She has very quickly got students to listen and respond to her. We both plan together and teach together taking turns to be a lead teacher. I can see how I will benefit so much by having an MTDA in my class. I am already finding time to do more with the students who need a little push. On many occasions Ashley has mentioned the same that she is liking the 
co-teaching way for she can find some of her friends who are beginning teachers and are giving away their weekends preparing things for class.

So all go for co-teaching  this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment