I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Saturday 21 February 2015

Just Fantastic!


I come from the Manaiakalani cluster of schools. For years together this cluster has been promoting Education through modern devices mainly computers.  The vision is to widen the horizon of learning for the 21st century student by making net books and computers available to our young students. The project allows free internet at home for students so that their learning does not stop outside school hours. It is not easy… especially if the average income of our families is below 20,000 per annum. It is always hard for our parents to lease a net book for their children.

Presently, in our school we have 1:1 net books for students who are year 5 upwards.

I teach a year 4 class and we have about 10 net books to work on.
Recently during our whanau conference one of the mothers came to me and said that she would like her child to have a net book and that she was very willing to pay for it. I was amazed to hear this. I just could not hold my excitement.  Here I was meeting a parent who was happy to invest in her child’s education. All I have to say is:

The awareness of investing in education is happening and this happening will definitely lead to better education and better society.








No comments:

Post a Comment